When Mary travelled to be with Elizabeth in the early days of her pregnancy with Jesus she no doubt was looking for comfort and understanding. I am sure she found these in her three-month stay with her elderly relative but in addition to Elizabeth’s other words she spoke these words to Mary.
“And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.” Luke 1:45
Not only for her, but for you and I, there is the enduring promise of blessing to those who believe. We as Christians often times have our struggles with belief . We also should not be shocked that those on the outside have a problem with belief is well. After all the gospel asks us all to believe:
• There is an eternal almighty God who can’t be seen
• He made everything through a process that can’t be understood or duplicated
• God became a man
• Jesus was born of a virgin
• He lived a 100% perfect life
• He healed the sick, raised the dead an performed numerous miracles
• Even though He is God he was killed by man
• Even though He was dead he came back to life after 3 days
• He literally rose into the sky and now resides in heaven
• He will one day return to the earth He left
But believe we should and blessed we will be if we do. To believe requires a choice on our part to do so. To believe is to know and accept that He is, that He is at work and act accordingly! Are you looking for some blessings? Then believe!